EQM & Steel
EQM had provided environmental compliance, engineering, and permitting services to the steel industry since 1990.
STEEL: Environmental Quality Services
The strength of EQM rests firmly in our employees’ technical abilities and experience, and our relationships with our clients. Our company has been providing environmental compliance, engineering, and permitting services to the steel industry since 1990. Many of our employees have been consulting to these industries for over 30 years. We are committed to working with our clients to develop practical solutions to their projects from planning and permitting, to system design and installation, to compliance auditing and testing. Our professionals integrate our many services and proven experience to provide cost-effective solutions to critical issues. Many of our professionals have developed a unique expertise and perspective with respect to environmental and engineering issues unique to the steel industry through educational training and hands-on operations experience gained through the support of virtually every steel and cement process currently in operation.
EQM offers expertise in the following service areas:
- Permitting & Compliance
- Dispersion Modeling
- APC system evaluations, troubleshooting and design
- Method 303, LDAR and general environmental permitting
- Water/wastewater management, permitting and conservation
- Process Optimization
- Title V Renewal
- Wastewater PTIs/IDPs
- Process Analysis
- Pollution Prevention
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Air Pollution Control Engineering
- Air Emissions Testing
- Community relations
- Facility closure, remediation and reuse
- Stormwater Permitting
- NPDES Permitting
Learn more about EQM and our Steel Services
Call us at (800) 229-7495
Steel Industry Projects
- Engineering design of emission capture system for a Blast Furnace Cast House.
- Engineering evaluation of LMS evacuation and baghouse system for USS/KOBE Steel in Ohio.
- Evaluation of handling and recycling alternatives for solid waste residues at Burns Harbor plant in Indiana.
- Development of SARA 313/TRI guidance document for the Steel Manufacturers Association.
- Contamination analysis of river bed sediment, remedial design, and oversight of the Mahoning River in Ohio.
- Evaluation of ESP performance in Michigan.
- Evaluation of visible emission exceedances at a Basic Oxygen Process (BOP) in Illinois.
- Scrubber evaluations at steelmaking facilities in Indiana, Illinois, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
- Expert witness testimony in support of steel clients in EPA Regions 4 and 5.
- Air compliance monitoring for pickling, galvanizing, and coating operations in a 3-state area.
- Process Safety Management for Coke Oven By-Products and Blast Furnaces in a 3-state area.